silentheroes.se Forum Index silentheroes.se
A mod for Battlefield 1942 and World in Conflict

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:04
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » SilentHeroes Projects » SilentHeroes - A Battlefield 1942 MOD » SH: Vehicles
Several issues that need to be fixed:
Moderators: Team SH
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 2 [21 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Wonder[Fin]
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 21:22    Post subject:  Several issues that need to be fixed:   Mark this post and the followings unread 

I decided to post this on the "Fordon" -forums since most of these involve changes to vehicles.

I've been a SilentHeroes fan for quite a while, but only now do I feel the need to address the devs.

-120mm smoothbore fire twice bug: You can fire two shots with every vehicle armed with this weapon (Leo2a4, Leo2a5, CV90120) by holding down the primary fire button and releasing it for the duration of reload.

-Vehicles' negative weapon elevations: This needs to be re-checked. All Leo2s should be able to elevate their main gun from -9 to +20 degrees.

-Leopard2s' coaxial gun: I'm not sure if the Norwegian/Swedish armies have national customisations on their Leopard1 and 2 tanks, but the standard coaxial MG is the high rate-of-fire MG3 - the same weapon as on the commanders' cupola. Please change the specs/sounds accordingly.

-Vehicles' smoke dischargers: The smoke shells should all be fired simultaneously with one push of the fire button creating a protective screen, instead of one-by-one.

-Helicopter cannons' firepower: 30mm autocannon on the Tiger (The CV9030 has a 30mm cannon as well) and a 20mm three-barrel gatling cannon on the Comanche, and they both feel and sound like 12.7mm machineguns! They don't have the explosive power of autocannons to fight against infantry, and they don't seem to penetrate anything but soft targets.
Usually cannons are loaded with both AP and HE rounds with one HE round after every three AP rounds to cope agaist both soft and armored targets. What I'd like to see is more spread, more splash damage and perhaps a HE impact effect.

-NM142 (M113 TOW): It looks like you have a great deal of learning to do about player-guided anti-tank missiles! This vehicle has the most flaws so I need to address them one by one:

*Missile appears too low when fired: My vehicle was parked behind sandbags. The whole turret and even the top half of my chassis was exposed, so the missile should've cleared the obstacle. However, when I fired it it hit the sandbag and either after some bouncing around it flew away or exploded damaging my vehicle. Please where the missiles appear after firing. It should be in front of the missile tubes.

*Missile drops after firing: TOW uses its booster rocket to propel itself from the tube after which the sustainer rocket fires up. The missile flies at a flat line-of-sight trejectory and doesn't require superelevation, like the Javelin.

*Missile too fast and sluggish - impossible to track moving targets: Anti-tank guided missiles are fairly maneuverable and can track a moving target just as a stationary one as long as the gunner keeps the target on its sights. Almost all ATGMs are slow subsonic missiles which take several several seconds for them to reach their targets.

Then doesn't slowing down the missiles and making them more maneuverable make them too powerful? No! As I said the missiles are slow and the gunner needs to keep the target at his sights during the missiles long flight! This whole time the gunner is vulnerable to enemy fire.

A tank has plenty of time to swing his turret around and sink a sabot round in the launching vehicle and with the absence of the gunner's guidance signals the missile will plunge to the ground. (In the game it just explodes in mid-air). To make matters worse, firing the missile creates a clearly visible large ball of smoke and fire behind the launch tubes, thus revealing the location of the firing unit.

What about anti-aircraft exploits? The player-guided missile is just another plane-class unit, right? If you give the missile's motor enough power to just sustain its speed and not accelerate the missile won't have enough power to climb upwards and will stall, thus limiting the use only against ground targets. Furthermore the slow speed is not enough to deal with the distant fast-moving air targets.

*whew* Finally we got the NM-142 sorted! Smile

-Small-arms power against infantry: It's strange how Infantry can seem to survive several hits from the mighty 7.62x51mm NATO (.308 Remington). Not even standard kevlar vests are strong enough to withstand that round!
Hits to the head or torso should almost always mean instant death!

Next things are not really issues that require urgent fixing, than rather suggestions to improve gameplay:

-Spawnpoints on APCs: This would stress the tactical value of APCs on the battlefield. They're used to bring troops to the action and provide the advancing armour with supporting infantry, thus making them more than merely mobile machine-gun platforms.

If you turn around to pick up an infantryman everytime one appears at the spawnpoint or stay to wait for the vehicle to fill up the advancing armour may never get the supporting infantry needed. The solution is to give the APCs spawnpoints so that infantrymen can choose to spawn in the passenger's seats. Once the APC has arrived to the scene it will have a full infantry squad to support the advance.

-Counter-rotating cupola-MGs: This works perfectly with the Eve Of Destruction mod's M60A1 and T54. This gives the tank commander more stability with his machine gun and boosts up the tank's small-arms firepower The commander could engage targets regardless of the turret's movements.

Well, that's all I can think of now. I'll keep playing and testing this mod and let you know if I find more to report.

P.S. Ni får gärna svara på svenska eller på norsk. Jag förstår allt ni säger, men om ni inte har något emot det, fortsätter jag att posta på engelska, för att säkert få säga allt som behöver sägas Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
foodbreather
VIP Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 21:44    Post subject:   Mark this post and the followings unread 

Quote:
-Small-arms power against infantry: It's strange how Infantry can seem to survive several hits from the mighty 7.62x51mm NATO (.308 Remington). Not even standard kevlar vests are strong enough to withstand that round!
Hits to the head or torso should almost always mean instant death!

Alla soldater i SH har KS94
"Kroppsskydd 94 (KS94) är ett modernt splitterskydd och med tilläggsplattor även skydd mot finkalibrig ammunition upp till 7,62 AP. Västen finns främst bland utlandsstyrkan, men även vissa insatsplutoner inom Hemvärnet och vissa andra förband har blivit tilldelade." - Soldf.com

Quote:
-Spawnpoints on APCs: This would stress the tactical value of APCs on the battlefield. They're used to bring troops to the action and provide the advancing armour with supporting infantry, thus making them more than merely mobile machine-gun platforms.

Sniperflaggorna fungerar bättre än APCs och HKP14 är en mobil spawnpoint på vissa banor.

Quote:
*Missile too fast and sluggish - impossible to track moving
targets:
Kan du vara så snäll att berätta detta för MasterB8, han har inte förstått att det.

Zarkow
Team SH Leader

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 22:03    Post subject: Re: Several issues that need to be fixed:   Mark this post and the followings unread 

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

-120mm smoothbore fire twice bug:

E-mail DICE - it's your client that lags against the server. (And btw, if you read old threads, you will see that it's only visual on your own computer and never affects the game for others.)

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

-Vehicles' negative weapon elevations:

No. Read old threads.

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

-Leopard2s' coaxial gun:

No, until confirmation can be found on norwegian Leo2s it won't be changed.

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

-Vehicles' smoke dischargers:

No.

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

-Helicopter cannons' firepower:

They fire 20mm and 30mm rounds and have splash-damage.

So, once again, No, nothing will be changed.

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

-NM142 (M113 TOW): It looks like you have a great deal of learning to do about player-guided anti-tank missiles! This vehicle has the most flaws so I need to address them one by one:

Probably as much as you need to learn then, since you lack the knowledge as to why something is like it is, before you typed this post. :]

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

[size=9]*Missile appears too low when fired:

No, they don't.

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

*Missile drops after firing:

And since the engine needs server-frame-time to heat up it's gonna drop.

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

*Missile too fast and sluggish - impossible to track moving targets:

Learn how to use them instead of asking us to change them. Others can...

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

-Small-arms power against infantry:

Blablabla-old-threads-blabla-bulletproof-vests...

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

-Spawnpoints on APCs:

No, never on an general basis.

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

-Counter-rotating cupola-MGs:

No. Take a look where the MG is placed on the EoD-turret to get a clue why it can never work for other tanks...

nic
VIP Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 22:03    Post subject: Re: Several issues that need to be fixed:   Mark this post and the followings unread 

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

-120mm smoothbore fire twice bug: You can fire two shots with every vehicle armed with this weapon (Leo2a4, Leo2a5, CV90120) by holding down the primary fire button and releasing it for the duration of reload.

BF-bug. But it´s not that bad. The animation is running twice but only one projectile is fired.

ICQ Number 
Wonder[Fin]
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 22:55    Post subject: Re: Several issues that need to be fixed:   Mark this post and the followings unread 

Jeez! Is it normal for you to just say "NO" without giving valid reasons?

Zarkow wrote:
Wonder[Fin] wrote:

E-mail DICE - it's your client that lags against the server. (And btw, if you read old threads, you will see that it's only visual on your own computer and never affects the game for others.)

If it's a server lag issue, then why doesn't it happen on the other weapons? And yes, it does send another projectile that can do damage, and yes, other players can exploit it as well!

Zarkow wrote:

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

-Leopard2s' coaxial gun:

No, until confirmation can be found on norwegian Leo2s it won't be changed.

Are you saying the Norwegians don't use MG3s on their tanks? What about the Swedes? I say if you're not sure of the country's customisations then use the manufacturer's information!

Zarkow wrote:

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

No.

Reason?

Zarkow wrote:

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

They don't seem to have any splash damage, since you need to score a clean hit to infantrymen. In real life just peppering the area with HE rounds is enough, as seen in the notorious Apache mission in iraq -video

Zharkow wrote:

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

Probably as much as you need to learn then, since you lack the knowledge as to why something is like it is, before you typed this post. :]

Okay, then why don't you enlighten me why the missiles behave the way they do?

Zharkow wrote:

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

No, they don't.

Yes, they do.

Zharkow wrote:

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

What does it have to do with missile drop? In Desert Combat the SA-3 missiles fire straight on without dropping, so why is impossible to do so in SH?

Zharkow wrote:

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

Typical of a modmaker to blame the player, rather than admit that the equipment doesn't work right Razz

Taking out a moving target in with the MN142 in SH requires so much skill, that it's easier to use a 120mm cannon! You have to lead the target, superelevate and master the terrible flight controls of the missile to score a hit, where in real life it's as simple as keeping the sights on the target. Something is not right here!

Zharkow wrote:

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

-Spawnpoints on APCs:

Reason?

Zharkow wrote:

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

No. Take a look where the MG is placed on the EoD-turret to get a clue why it can never work for other tanks...

I don't understand. How are EOD tanks different to SH tanks?

Don't get me wrong here! I'm not here to bash your work. I'm just pointing out some things so that you can fix them. Constructive criticism you know.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
Zarkow
Team SH Leader

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 00:30    Post subject: Re: Several issues that need to be fixed:   Mark this post and the followings unread 

Wonder[Fin] wrote:
Jeez! Is it normal for you to just say "NO" without giving valid reasons?

Or you could read the topics already posted.

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

Zarkow wrote:
Wonder[Fin] wrote:

If it's a server lag issue, then why doesn't it happen on the other weapons? And yes, it does send another projectile that can do damage, and yes, other players can exploit it as well!

Bullshit. If you knew anything how the BF-Server handles these things you would know that it's a client-issue only.

And it does happend on other weapons with similair setup. Infact, there is a related bug with panserfaust/bazooka (BF42) that makes the player (seemingly) having umlimited amounts of ammo - but it's only localy. The projectiles are all dropped by the server.

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

Zarkow wrote:

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

No.

Reason?

Since most vehicles can set the number of charges to launch in one 'trigger' in different burst-rates. This allowes players to launch the number of charges they wants. Is it to hard too hold the trigger...?

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

Zarkow wrote:

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

They don't seem to have any splash damage, since you need to score a clean hit to infantrymen. In real life just peppering the area with HE rounds is enough, as seen in the notorious Apache mission in iraq -video

I don't care what you think they feel like, since they have a splasharea of 1 meter.
But hey, don't take my word for it, it's all in the con-files:
ObjectTemplate.create Projectile Tiger_M230bulletProjectile
/../
ObjectTemplate.radius 1

And same for HKP16's XM301.

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

Zharkow wrote:

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

Okay, then why don't you enlighten me why the missiles behave the way they do?

Zharkow wrote:

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

No, they don't.

Yes, they do.

Blablabla...

ObjectTemplate.projectilePosition 0/0/1
Means that the projectiles origo of spawn is exactly 1m forward of the origo of the visual dummy (that can be seen in the tow-turret).

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

Zharkow wrote:

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

What does it have to do with missile drop? In Desert Combat the SA-3 missiles fire straight on without dropping, so why is impossible to do so in SH?

Since you don't know how PGMs are working.
the SA-3 in DC is really slow. To reduce any drop at all, the inertia have to be set at an very high level. This makes the thrust (acceleration) of the missile very slow.

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

Zharkow wrote:

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

Typical of a modmaker to blame the player, rather than admit that the equipment doesn't work right Razz

Typical of an beginner to blame the tool then acctually training to have the skill it requires to use it.

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

Taking out a moving target in with the MN142 in SH requires so much skill, that it's easier to use a 120mm cannon! You have to lead the target, superelevate and master the terrible flight controls of the missile to score a hit, where in real life it's as simple as keeping the sights on the target. Something is not right here!

I agree - most likely your aim.

There are several players that can counter your argument by being superior in handling the NM142. And not long time ago some players claimd the NM142 was to powerfull...go figure.

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

Zharkow wrote:

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

-Spawnpoints on APCs:

Reason?

Because I say so.

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

Zharkow wrote:

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

I don't understand. How are EOD tanks different to SH tanks?

Again, take a look at the tank.

If you have an child-object sitting directly on the hull, instead of the turret, then that child has to be on absolut center.

Take a second to think about how it would look when you turn an Strv122-turret and the gunner remains absolute still in position...

Jimbo(Swe)
Team SH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 01:00    Post subject:   Mark this post and the followings unread 

-120mm smoothbore fire twice bug: It's quite common that rifles seems to fire two rounds, when you only fire one. Are you sure your second shoot does any damage? You can get a sound, visual och hit-mark/explosion, but it's only on your client and it won't affect other players in a mp-game.

-Helicopter cannons' firepower: It's hard to hit small targets, because the gunner is a "child" to the pilot. When a pilot fly the hkp, the position is sent to the server, then sent to you as a gunner. But a small client-server lagg or high ping, is enough to make your position a little inaccurate. When you shoot, the bullets will fire from that position where the parent is, not from where you think you are. You may see little explosion around your targets, but that doesn't mean you acctuallt hit there, according to the server...

Wonder[Fin]
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:26    Post subject:   Mark this post and the followings unread 

Judging from Zharkow's tone (calling me a noob, referring to his authority as a mod leader, not wanting to listen) I'm wondering If I should tell him more about EOD's counter-rotating machineguns, or just shut my yap, take up the bully and avoid being banned from the forums. :?

ICQ Number 
lazza
New-spawned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:32    Post subject: Bad tempers   Mark this post and the followings unread 

Why are you so rude to your fans (Wonder[Fin]) Question I too love SH it is just great. I agree with some of Wonder[Fin]'s comments.

The NM142 does have a launch problem. It appears that it is launching at about track height, nowhere near turret height. Unless it is dropping very quickly before taking off.

The Defgun has the same problem where a clear line of sight results in a collision with nothing when launched.

I agree the machine gun turret is a problem, it is impossible to make accurate shots when the gunner / driver is moving the turret. A fix would be nice but I don't see how this could be done.

Please do not flame your fans for making suggestions etc. Laughing
fegis
VIP Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 13:03    Post subject:   Mark this post and the followings unread 

I don't think it's the suggestion themselves that makes the Dev-team "flaming". Many of these issues have been discussed before in the forum and it's rather rude to ask questions already answered.
But I agree in some points, mainly that the helicopters cannons should be improved somehow... It's very hard to hit due to the server-client lag-issue...
All missiles drops in the beginning, that's why it appears that the TOW spawns to low and hits the ground... It's because of the acceleration, the missile doesn't start at max-speed, it starts static (or very slow) and the gravitation will therefore make the projectile drop in the beginning of the flight...

ICQ Number 
Pungen
VIP Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 13:57    Post subject:   Mark this post and the followings unread 

The only thing I can agree about is the smoke grenades. Would look 'cooler' if they all came out at the same time. But it's not that big of a deal...
And for the dev's behavior, well I'm no expert but I think they are doing some good research probably better than yours. And what Zarkow is saying about this mod is always true. (That thing about the NM142 missiles)...
Well Zarkow can speak for himself very well so I'm outie Smile
Wonder[Fin]
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 15:48    Post subject:   Mark this post and the followings unread 

Waddya say we cool down and drop the hostilities, eh Zharkow? Truce?

As a matter of fact, I did preform a search about these things before posting. The problem is this has been discussed before only in swedish, and since my swedish vocabulary isn't as wide as english, I had trouble finding the right keywords. Razz

According to the previous posts the reason the vehicles' weapons have only such negative elevations was that in the rear the hull prevents elevating further down, right? But If you take into account that 90% of the time the turret is pointing somewhere else, having the weapon clip the rear hull doesn't really sound that bad. After all, most mods do that!
Of course, it's understandable to give the infantry at least some chance of survival against armoured vehicles, since their AT-weapons are of limited value, and in real life having supporting infantry is essential to a succesful armoured advance.

What if the TOW missiles were given zero weight values? Of course, that would eliminate the stall speed -idea against anti-aircraft exploits, but It's an idea.

I also noticed that the anti-tank missiles on the helicopters tend to drift with the helicopter's own movement, significantly effecting accuracy. They're also rather slow.
Also, sharing the workload with the gunner by giving the gunner the control of the AT-missiles could improve gameplay and stress the importance of the gunner. The FFARs could use a boost too, since hand grenades seem to be more powerful.

The EOD commander's mg's traverse axis is not on the same spot as the main turret's axis, and it's not attached to the hull model. It's a bit more complicated than that. In the T-54 the commander's hatch is slightly to the right, and when you turn the main turret, you can actually see the machinegun go round in a tiny circle around the main turret's axis while still pointing the same direction.

I'm no modeler and can't really get into details about this, but I've got a good idea of the theory. On top of the main turret is another "turret", which is the base which the commander's position is attached to. It's kinda like having two turrets like on a battleship, only dfferent traverse speeds and accelerations appear to be assigned to each turret individually (not sure).

Both the main turret and the commander's machinegun base is controlled by the driver/gunner, but the commander's base has traverse speeds set to negative values. This turns the other turret left, while the main turret turns right. The speeds and accelerations have to be the same. Too much negative value and the machinegun will turn to the left when the turret turns right (like in DCXs tanks). Too little, and the machinegun will follow the main turret, although maybe slower.

Like I said I'm no modder, but I assure you it's not just a machinegun attached to the chassis, but rather a machinegun attached to a counter-rotating turret-on-turret. You might want to contact Zeuser, the lead coder of DCX for details, of If you can manage to contact the EOD team, that's even better!

ICQ Number 
uno
VIP Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 16:18    Post subject:   Mark this post and the followings unread 

But, in reality, doesn't the commander's (actually loader's) machinegun follow the movement of the turret? After what I have seen of the inside of a Leo it should. If that is the case, why should it be otherwise in SilentHeroes?
ICQ Number 
Zarkow
Team SH Leader

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 16:20    Post subject:   Mark this post and the followings unread 

Wonder[Fin] wrote:
Waddya say we cool down and drop the hostilities, eh Zharkow? Truce?

"Right"

You didn't even take the time to look up my name and type it the wrong in 50% of the cases, and then you claim to take the time to look up the things you are talking about. Right. Aaanywayy... :]

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

As a matter of fact, I did preform a search about these things before posting. The problem is this has been discussed before only in swedish, and since my swedish vocabulary isn't as wide as english, I had trouble finding the right keywords. Razz

Since you have typed in Swedish before it's kinda hard to know that yoy aren't fluent in speaking and typing it.

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

According to the previous posts the reason the vehicles' weapons have only such negative elevations was that in the rear the hull prevents elevating further down, right? But If you take into account that 90% of the time the turret is pointing somewhere else, having the weapon clip the rear hull doesn't really sound that bad. After all, most mods do that!
Of course, it's understandable to give the infantry at least some chance of survival against armoured vehicles, since their AT-weapons are of limited value, and in real life having supporting infantry is essential to a succesful armoured advance.

And in vanilla BF the Tigers can kill themselfs with one shoot due to this. (Generating a lot of flames.)

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

What if the TOW missiles were given zero weight values? Of course, that would eliminate the stall speed -idea against anti-aircraft exploits, but It's an idea.

I know you said youer not a modder, but then, since you aren't a modder, you could take the time to think that maybe somewhere deep within the lair of the coders, there are a reason when they say 'No' or 'Can't be done'.

Giving ANYTHING with physics a weight of zero is a very, very bad idea.

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

I also noticed that the anti-tank missiles on the helicopters tend to drift with the helicopter's own movement, significantly effecting accuracy. They're also rather slow.

Learn how to counter it then. Your supposed to attack like an helicopter when using an helicopter. Doing over-flights at highest speed is what airplanes do.

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

Also, sharing the workload with the gunner by giving the gunner the control of the AT-missiles could improve gameplay and stress the importance of the gunner. The FFARs could use a boost too, since hand grenades seem to be more powerful.

Very poor idea.

And you are wrong about the FFARs/Hydras. Try taking out an tank with grenades...

Wonder[Fin] wrote:

The EOD commander's mg's traverse axis is not on the same spot as the main turret's axis, and it's not attached to the hull model. It's a bit more complicated than that. In the T-54 the commander's hatch is slightly to the right, and when you turn the main turret, you can actually see the machinegun go round in a tiny circle around the main turret's axis while still pointing the same direction.

Alright, I haven't played EOD since 0.3 or something, but it didn't quite work that way back then. Nevertheless, the solution isn't that great since it only visually stabilise you, since we still have the 'client (child) doesn't really know where it's pointing when the tank-client (parent) is moving'-problem. The increase in netinfo in an solution that might or might not only help in x-rotation (and really, it's y-rotaition that would really help the gunners during movement, am I not right?) is overshooting the budget regarding data being transfered.

lazza wrote:
The NM142 does have a launch problem. It appears that it is launching at about track height, nowhere near turret height. Unless it is dropping very quickly before taking off.

It's dropping some 20cm, not 2 meters.

lazza wrote:

The Defgun has the same problem where a clear line of sight results in a collision with nothing when launched.

Ehum...the Defgun was firing TOWs in 0.35, but not 0.40 nor 0.45. It's time to upgrade.

Bug-reports using old versions as an reference might confuse the hell out of us, since we assume everyone is using the latest versions.

Limber
Team SH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 17:12    Post subject:   Mark this post and the followings unread 

A programmer who knows his details and keeps getting the same questions over and over again is bound to get a bit annoyed. What if you would take the time to build a new webpage here on the site called "Techincal questions and answers"? I know it's boring and takes some of your valuable time (no irony), but think about it...

The players are never going to be able to search the whole forum for exactly that thread that might answer their question... we are all born lazy Smile

And since we are all born lazy, wouldn't it be sweet to refer to that webpage? Instead of giving short answers that people might think are a bit rude.

I don't agree with fegis saying that it's rude to ask questions that are already answered. And our generation are taught to question authority you know Wink
BUT I do understand your situation, Zarkow. Must be a pain sometimes... well, think of all the fame, glory and cash you're getting out of it! (irony)
Page 1 of 2 [21 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » SilentHeroes Projects » SilentHeroes - A Battlefield 1942 MOD » SH: Vehicles
Jump to: